This site is anti-copyright. Use what you like freely as you see fit.

Monday, September 14, 2009

VAGABOND INSURGENCE 3

(I wrote this in 1997, I have since learned to find a multitude of uses for settled places in my life, while remaining essentially a vagabond.)

Settled places and settled lives seem stranger and stranger to me. There’s something too ordered about most places and most lives. They make me a bit crazy - I want to fuck ‘em up. This is why I appreciate every individual who actually breaks out of this and why I get anxious when I’m feeling too settled. I start feeling like I don’t belong - then I remember that the concept of belonging is absurd. Instead, I need to make each place through which I pass my own as I go through it, until I am done with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment